- 150 g edamame pods
- 1 medium-size sweet potato
- 30 g quinoa
- Iceberg lettuce
- 5 almonds
- Spices: salt, pepper, turmeric, oregano
- Cook edamame pods in salt water (5-7 minutes).
- Drain and remove the grains from the pods.
- Cook quinoa for 10-15 minutes and drain.
- Peel the sweet potato, cut into small cubes and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a deep plate: first put quinoa, chopped almonds, sliced iceberg lettuce, half of the sweet potato cubes, then put the edamame and the other half of sweet potato.
- Add the spices.
Tips from the Global Bean team:
Trick for perfectly fluffy quinoa: Use twice as much water as quinoa, as usual, then cook uncovered until the quinoa has absorbed all the water. Once all the water is absorbed, remove the pot from heat, cover it and let the quinoa steam for 5 minutes. That’s when the quinoa pops open into fluffy quinoa perfection.
Trick to cook sweet potatoes: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully add whole potatoes or chunks to the water.
Trick for the almonds: roast them!
Where to get edamame in Berlin? You can order them fresh harvested during the season (until September) or dry from Benedikt Sprenker, soybean producer in Germany. You can also find them frozen in any Asia-market.