© Bean Beat
Here is the recipe of the Watermelon-Lentil Pizza!
- 100 g black lentils
- 1/2 watermelon
- 1 small red onion
- optional: 200 g feta
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 stalks fresh mint
- salt & pepper
- Boil the lentils in salted water for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the red onion into fine rings. (If you are sensitive to raw onions, put the onion rings into water for about 30 min. This will make them more digestible and soften the taste.)
- Rinse, dry and chop the mint leaves.
- Cut an even, round slice from the watermelon.
- Mix the lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil and pour over the cooked, but still warm lentils. Leave to cool.
- Spread the lentils on the watermelon slice, crumble the feta over it and add the onion rings and mint. Cut the “pizza” into pieces.
More information on the cooker
My name is Cecilia Antoni, specialist in cooking pulses, food blogger (bean.beat) and freelance writer focusing on local pulses as well as creator of a successful broad bean snack (Bohnikat). Pulses have many nutritional values, are incredibly versatile and delicious, and yet are true underdogs in German kitchens, and this is what I would like to change. I am working with the Global Bean team to help internationally promote and expand the use and cultivation of legumes in our kitchens, gardens and fields.