You can prepare this soup with ingredients from your pantry. When I do not have time to go to the supermarket, I like to prepare this soup.
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1⁄2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 240 g crushed tomatoes or passata
- 0,7 l water
- 200 g red lentils
- 400 ml coconut milk (one can)
- 200 g frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut onion in thin dices.
- Grate the carrot and mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onions for 3 minutes.
- Add carrot and ginger and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add garlic, curry powder and cumin.
- Add the red lentils, water and tomatoes and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and peas and let it boil for 10 more minutes.
- Finish with adding salt and pepper to your own taste.