© Hannah Wayand
When I’m walking through the supermarket and see a jar of fava beans, it reminds me of my old roommate. His father is from Turkey, and when my roommate visited him on vacation, he would come back with both baklava and new recipes. One of them was this simple and delicious ful salad! Even though we haven’t lived together for years, the salad is still in my regular recipe repertoire.
- Approximately 500 grams of fava beans
- 2-3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2/3 bunch of parsley
- Plenty of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Drain the beans and boil them with fresh water for a few minutes. If you don’t know how to cook pulses from dried seeds, you can find detailed instructions here. After cooking, let the beans cool down for a bit.
- Remove the large stems from the parsley and chop the remainder finely. Mince the garlic and then mix all of the ingredients well, seasoning with salt and lime juice. Et voilà – it’s ready!
- Serve with bread.