- 300-400 g white giant beans
Herbs and spices
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp hummus spices (cumin, caraway and pepper mixed in equal amounts).
- 1-2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 4-5 tbsp virgin olive oil,
- 3-4 tsp lemon juice or balsamic, or both
- Optional: chopped coriander and or parsley, and or spring onions to give green colour and flavour.
- Soak the beans overnight. Bring them to a boil in the morning, then reduce to a low simmer and simmer under supervision for approx. 10-15 minutes, then rinse under cold water. This will yield about 600-800g of cooked beans. Attention: Do not exceed the cooking time, as it is quite short, and if overcooked, the beans soak up water and become mealy and disintegrate with the lightest touch!
- Chop the coriander and/or parsley if you want to add them. Add the herbs and spices to the beans. Add the lemon juice or balsamic, or both if you like the mixture a little more tart.
Story behind the recipe
Colourful food, lots of freshness, lots of vitamins, lots of nature! Guaranteed authentic food like my mother and grandmother used to prepare! Whether brunch, lunch, or dinner, you will always have fond memories of our delicatessen and will definitely recommend it to others ! Only fresh, only delicious, only homemade!