© Markus Biedermann
- 5 egg yolks
- 300 g sugar
- 1 lemon – juice and zest
- 150 g almonds grated
- 150 g hazelnut grated
- 350 g carrots peeled and grated
- 60 g white bean flour – finely ground and sieved in a blender
- 30 g cornflour
- clove powder
- 10 g baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- 3 g salt
- 30 g cherry
Glaze and edge
- 60 g apricot jam warm / hot
- 50 g hazelnuts
- Weigh and prepare all ingredients. Separate the eggs. Finely grind white beans in blender and sift. Mix bean flour and baking powder. Butter the pan and sprinkle with grated almonds.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until foamy. Add lemon juice, cherry, cinnamon, zest and a pinch of clove powder.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff and carefully stir into the mixture.
- Fill the mixture into the springform pan. Bake at 170 degrees for about 1 hour. Test with a needle.
- Heat the jam. Spread on the cooled cake. Sprinkle the edge with grated nuts.
Tip: Finish cake with sugar icing and decorate with garnish with marzipan carrots.
Story behind the recipe
Markus Biedermann is a trained cook, diet chef and certified head chef and has worked in various nursing homes, also as a home manager. He therefore knows the gastronomy and elderly care from many years of experience.