Ingredients for 4 servings
- 600 g flat beans (or bush or runner beans)
- 2 tbsp. frying butter
- 3 red onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 10 g vegetable stock
- 1 Bouquet of savory
- 300 g potatoes, floury
- 180 g feta cheese
- Caraway, salt, pepper, cayenne, nutmeg
- 1 tbsp oat flakes
- 1 pack puff pastry, flour for rolling out
- egg to brush
- Weigh and prepare all ingredients.
- Cut the beans into 3 cm pieces, blanch briefly. Cut the onions into strips and finely chop the garlic.
- Sauté onions in butter, add beans, bouillon powder and a little water. Steam briefly (3 min.) and chill immediately so that the beans remain as green as possible. Season to taste with savory, salt and pepper.
- Peel the potatoes and put them through the rösti grater (coarse). Crumble in the feta cheese, add the oat flakes, season and knead well. Mix with the cooled beans and season again. Serve with fresh bread or lemon saffron rice.
- 500 g pelati
- 150 g onions, finely chopped
- 20 g garlic, finely chopped
- 40 g tomato paste
- Salt, pepper, sugar50 g black beans, cooked
Story behind the recipe
Did you know? Flat beans are particularly suitable for many summer recipes! They differ from the classic green beans by their flat, wide, long and fleshy pods. Why we like them so much? They have no strings!