© Markus Biedermann
Ingrediets for 4 servings
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sesame
- 100 g onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 20 g ginger
- 20 g sesame oil
- 400 g coconut milk
- 100 g water
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- salt, pepper
- 600 g potatoes (waxy), cut into cubes
- 200 g carrots, sliced
- 400 g bush beans, blanched (possibly from the freezer)
- 200 g peas
- 200 g white beans, soaked and cooked
- Weigh, peel and prepare all the ingredients.
- Lightly roast the whole spices.
- Mix the sesame oil, onion slices, garlic cloves and peeled ginger, add and sauté for three minutes.
- Add the turmeric, coconut milk, water, stock cubes, salt and pepper, cook and then purée.
- Cook the bush beans and peas until soft and mix into the potato curry together with the white beans.
Season to taste, serve and sprinkle with coriander leaves.
Story behind the recipe
Markus Biedermann is a trained cook, diet chef and certified head chef and has worked in various nursing homes, also as a home manager. He therefore knows the gastronomy and elderly care from many years of experience.