Legumes can play a significant role in the context of the climate crisis due to their unique characteristics including nitrogen-fixing root nodules and high levels of protein. In this event, we learnt more about this fascinating topic.
Take a look at the recording and find out about some of the ways in which legumes can contribute to climate change mitigation, agricultural sustainability, and environmental stewardship.
The event was moderated by our partners, Prof. Dr. Svetlana Balešević Tubić from the Seed Association of Serbia and Lavdosh Ferruni from the Organic Agriculture Association-OAA.
• Introduction (Prof. Dr. Svetlana Balešević Tubić, Seed Association of Serbia)
• Climate-resilient agriculture/cultivation practices (Marjana Vasiljević, researcher in the field of cultivation practices, Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops Novi Sad)
• Research/breeding (Dr. Vuk Đorđević, breeder, Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops Novi Sad)
• Conclusion focusing on nutrition and food systems (Prof. Dr. Svetlana Balešević Tubić, Seed Association of Serbia
• Discussion (Lavdosh Ferruni, Organic Agriculture Association & Adam Alexander, author of The Seed Detective)
Registration is closed for this event.